Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Lights

Each year in August lights begin to go up at Temple Square in Salt Lake City. It takes months and months to put up millions of lights that cover trees, bushes, fountains, sidewalks, walls, etc. Families come from far and wide to see the lights and experience Temple Square at Christmas. Different groups perform each night and tours are provided. Laura and I decided to go and take the girls. We went only a few days after Thanksgiving. It was not a complete and total mistake - the car ride saved it from that. It was almost 0 degrees outside. We bundled up the girls and headed out. They liked the lights for the first two seconds. Then, they were cold, hungry, thristy, and they had to go pee. They whined and whined. We fought through the crowds and managed to get a few pictures.

Emily's gloves keep her hands really warm.

I never thought I would live so close to the SLC temple. It is more beautiful on the inside than it is on the outside. Every time I have the opportunity to enter its doors I think of the rich history it holds and the sacrifice each individual made to build it.

No comments: