Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Family Home Evening"

Every Monday night Brent and I take a little time with the girls to have a discussion, an activity, and usually a treat afterwards. We call this "family home evening." Usually Brent and I give the lesson about something that needs to be reinforced in our home like sharing, taking turns, using manners, fire safety, stranger danger, or something from the scriptures. Haley asked to give the lesson last night for our "family home evening." Brent and I hadn't helped her prepare anything. The girls have never asked to give the lesson before. Haley started her lesson by explaining, "Sometimes when we wake up in the morning we're tired and grouchy," to which Allie quickly and emphatically responded, "Just like you!"
It's true that Haley can be a bit of a "grumpy gus" when she wakes up on the wrong side of the bed. When she's happy, she's deleriously happy; she's all smiles and sings everywhere she goes, but when Haley's grouchy even the Grinch should beware.
We love her anyway. I have to admit that she comes by it honestly, and unfortunately I'm not referring to Brent.

No comments: