Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Oh Crap!"

Yep, you read the title right. (If you're offended do not continue reading.) Tonight we were all in the kitchen getting ready for dinner. I don't remember what happened but it caused Brent to exclaim, "Oh crap!" Of course the girls were within earshot so naturally Haley had to repeat it, "Oh crap!" Lately Allie has been Haley's echo repeating everything Haley says, so Allie said, "Oh crap!" too. I don't know why it struck me as funny. I could see Emily following suit if only she were verbal. "Crap" as an expletive was taboo when I was growing up, but I haven't been able to convince my children of this,obviously, since Brent says it and they've heard one of their grandparents use the word. I know it's completely inappropriate for 4 and 2 year olds, but what's a mom going to do?

3 comments:

Brent Helms said...

Oh %&#@! There, is that better?

Brent Helms said...

The %&#@ is actually "dang". I had to clarify because Laura's eyebrows raised up past her hairline.

Brent Helms said...

Now she thinks I'm ruining her blog. Oh crap!