Sunday, January 4, 2009

Long Time, No Posts...

Sorry about the lack of posts lately. We left to visit Brent's family the day after Christmas and came home this Thursday with three sick little girls. Don't be alarmed! They just have colds.
There's definitely some catching up to do. Let's start with the "human fire"...
I mentioned that the girls all have colds. We've been running the humidifier in their room during naptime and at night. Last night when we put the girls to bed we forgot to turn it on. Brent and I were sitting up with Emily who was pretty miserable. We kept hearing this bump!bump! I was concerned about what was causing all the noise and a little annoyed that the girls were obviously not in their beds. When Brent went to check on them Haley quickly explained, "I was out of bed, but you forgot to turn on the human fire." We had a good chuckle over that one. One day soon I'm going to do a post about all the "Haley-isms" and "Allie-isms." For instance...at our house there is no such thing as "lunch." Haley thinks it's "munch." (Am I a bad mother for not correcting them? It wouldn't be nearly as funny if she said it correctly.)
Moving on....
Here are the three princesses. Aren't they cute?!
We took these pictures at Brent's parents' home. I had to share them.
Last, but not least is our experience during family prayer tonight. Haley, Allie and Emily were all in their beds. Brent asked Haley to say our family prayer. Haley usually says something short and vague, but she's only four. I guess she thought better of it tonight only her timing was terrible. Emily was crying, Allie hanging like a monkey on her bed and I really needed a bathroom break. She rambled on for atleast five minutes. I thought about prompting her to end the prayer, but knowing Haley we'd be sitting in church one Sunday and she'd shout "Amen" when she thought someone was getting long-winded. Eventually Brent and I looked up at each other during Haley's exhaustive list of things she's thankful for and blessings she'd like to receive and just laughed at each other (not out loud.) When she finally said, "Amen" I half expected her to raise her head and giggle about keeping us there so long, but the look on her face was so sincere. I was really proud of her for putting some thought into what she was saying.
On a different note, we hope everyone had a great New Year's. 2009 shouldn't be too bad because Haley put in a good word for all of us tonight. Also, Happy Birthday to my Bubo ( my great grandmother). She recently celebrated her 90th birthday. We love her very much and hope to see her soon!
Bubo and Haley 2004

No comments: