Friday, October 4, 2013

Funny Stuff

A friend asked me recently what my favorite memories of the children are. My favorite times with the kids are the random, clear out of the blue, never-could-have-predicted-it moments that make me laugh or melt me.  Here are a few examples:

I handed Sarah Kathryn a bottle of milk yesterday and she said to me, "Thank you, baby."  I guess you have to know the South to appreciate that one.

Joseph tried to get out of cleaning the clothes off his bedroom floor by being funny.  It went like this:  "Joseph, please put your dirty clothes in your laundry basket."  Joseph threw his head back, laughed and said, "Momma, you're such a crazy girl!" and he walked out the back door to go swing.

Emily is walking around with a toy phone, hunched over, moving slowly and having a pretend conversation with a shaky voice.  When I looked at her like, "What are you doing?" she says, "I'm an old woman on the phone."  Not sure what that one's about, but it just proves that you never can tell what's going on in her head.  Now that she talks more, it makes for pretty hysterical moments.

I'm sure we're about to have more random moments because, as I sit here typing this, I can hear the garden hose running in the back yard.  Which means that everyone is wet, but no one is crying and I have time to blog, so...it's worth it!

I know I don't blog as much as I should, which bothers people, and I may regret it one day since this is pretty much our family scrapbook.  It seems like there's so much going on all the time, there's always a moment to share with them.  If I take too many time outs I might miss some.  I may not remember all that I want to later, but I'll remember that I was there.  I'll know I didn't miss anything and if I'm lucky, they'll come around  a lot to keep sharing those moments with me.  My children are amazing!






No comments: