Sunday, March 25, 2012

What Little Boys Are Made Of

Remember the little poem about sugar,spice and all things nice?  That is what little girls are made of.  For the most part that is true...but that's another post.  Little boys are supposed to be made of snails, puppy dog tails...something of that sort.  This is a falsehood.  Little boys are made of RUBBER!  I know Joseph must think he's made of rubber, but I'm convinced. To go along with his busted a lip a couple of weeks ago, Joseph now has a nasty black eye. Where did he get it?  At the art museum!  Who gets a black eye at an art museum?! I'm still debating whether or not to post a picture of it.  To complete the ensemble, this morning he fell off the top of the fence and got a bloody nose.  You're all probably thinking one thing by now...Laura is a terrible mother.  I don't know that I'd go so far as terrible, perhaps inexperienced.  The truth is I'm a girl and I don't think like a boy.  I would never have expected Joseph to do any of the things he's done lately b/c girls don't think to do stuff like this.  Maybe Brent should stay home and raise Joseph for the next couple of years and I'll go to school.  Brent probably would've seen all this coming.  
Perhaps our next house should have a privacy fence, but this might only be an invitation for Joseph...a new challenge for him to conquer.
I used to think I wanted a bunch of sons and one daughter.  I am so glad for four daughters and one son.
I am also glad that God watches out for my little boy.  I guess we'll raise him together.


No comments: