Brent was out for Spring Break last week, so the kids and I took our break too. It was an eventful week. We visited Grammy and Pop Pop in north Alabama and went shopping at the outlets.
When we came back we learned that the republican presidential hopefuls would be stopping in Montgomery. Brent went to see Gingrich with a friend. He said the secret service men were taking pictures for everyone. I took Haley, Allie and Emily to see Ann Romney which was interesting. Brent and I almost made it to see Santorum, but had to watch it online instead. Brent and I each took one of the big girls with us to vote and we celebrated when our friend won the race for Probate Judge of Elmore County. Brent did a little to help with the campaign.
We made it to the zoo on Friday and discovered the new Parakeet Cove which was sooo much fun. Everyone ended up holding a parakeet or two or three at some point. There are 500 birds in the cove. We also fed the giraffes at the zoo, but I was so excited to get to touch one that I forgot to take pictures.
Not much else is new. We're back to the daily grind, which is fairly unpredictable when you homeschool, so it's not a negative thing, except that we all miss having Brent home with us. Brent's law exams are upon us now that the semester is coming to a close, but I'm not dreading it as much as usual. After the summer and fall semesters we're finished! Hooray!
Joseph scared the birds away with his shrieking. He was so excited.
This is Emily's look of disappointment when the bird flew away.
Haley and Allie would hold our their arms like statues and wait for the birds to come to them. They would have 4 or 5 perched on them at once.
This is Haley and Allie's favorite toy at the park inside the zoo. The real trick is holding on.
No comments:
Post a Comment