My wife is perfect. I am so blessed to be married to her. She is the quintessential daughter of our Heavenly Father. She possesses the all of the most admirable qualities a wife, mother, and daughter should. Above all, she is my best friend and I am grateful every day that I get to start and end my day beside her. However, we argue a lot - or so Haley thinks. Last night while saying our family bedtime prayer Haley prayed that, "Mommy and daddy would not fight so much." I opened my eyes during the prayer when I heard that and so did Laura. She had a perplexed look on her face and I was trying to think of an arguement we've had. After the prayer Laura and I asked Haley why she prayed for such a thing. We asked her to give an example of our arguing. Her response revealed a lot about Laura. She said, "Daddy, you and mommy argue a lot about who is going to help. You say 'I'll do it' and mommy says 'No, I'll do it' and you say 'No, I'll do it, you rest' and mommy says 'No, I'll do it, you rest." Laura and I had a good laugh. I was happy to know that that was the extent of our arguing. I go to work and support our family and Laura stays home with our four children. Yet, when I come home she asks me what she can do for me. She wants to know how my day was. She is so selfless. She always puts others before herself. The good news is that our children pick up on that. They see us serve one another and I hope that when they grow up and get married they will argue about who is going to rest and who is going to change the 100th poopy diaper of the day. You see, Laura changes diapers, prepares meals, cleans house, and does a myriad of other things and I work. I work from 4:00AM - 8:00AM or 12:30PM, depending on the day. When I come home I want to help, but Laura wants me to rest. We argue about who is going to make my grits, eggs, and bacon. We argue about who is going to take Haley to school. We argue about who is going to carry the basket of laundry down the stairs. We argue about who is going to unload and reload the dishwasher. We definitely argue about a lot, but I'm grateful that it is not arguing, but pure and simple selfless LOVE. Laura, I love you. Go rest!
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are too sweet! I think I need to learn a thing or two from Laura!! I am certain Wade would agree too! :)
Post a Comment