Friday, December 19, 2008

Six Days 'til Christmas!

This post is supposed to be about the gingerbread house Haley and Allie made today, but aren't these the cutest little girls you've ever seen?
Decorating gingerbread houses is a tradition in our family. Each Christmas all the cousins from Grandma and Papa's family get together to decorate gingerbread houses and cookies. Haley and Allie missed the party this year because they were sick, but Grandma saved their gingerbread house for them.
In case you're wondering, the gingerbread house came assembled. We've learned in years past that it takes a lot of talent and patience to put a gingerbread house together.
I told the girls that we needed to put windows and a door on the house first before we decorated the roof. They insisted that they only wanted to decorate the roof. You can imagine that's not what happened. We ended up decorating the house backwards. I thought Haley was so creative for lining the pitch with gumdrops. The funny part was Haley putting the little dots on top of the gumdrops. Each time she put a dot of frosting on the gumdrop Allie would place the little dot on the gumdrop before Haley could set the frosting bag down. Haley was pretty frustrated about it. I think she only put about three of the little dots on the gumdrops. We had extra candy so we put a wreath on the back of the house. The green things are little trees that Allie glued on the house with frosting. I was impressed with the placement. Needless to say, we had a lot of fun doing this. The girls did a great job sharing the candy and frosting. We've had so much fun this Christmas season making things and being with our friends and family. I know these are the things the girls will remember, not the presents. Tomorrow we're making a giant sugar cookie boy and decorating it. I'll be posting that too. Stay tuned...

No comments: