Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Week of November 2, 2015

 We celebrated Natalie's first birthday on Monday.  She was very curious about the candle and tried to touch it.  She loved everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to her.  The kids were so excited it was Natalie's birthday.  I heard them all day long stop to say, "Happy Birthday Natalie" or "It's your Birthday!"  So cute!


 The kids laughed so hard when Natalie finished her cupcake.  She made such a mess.  Natalie thought their laughing was funny and she laughed too.  We took this video.
 We celebrated Natalie's birthday again on Tuesday so we could celebrate with Grandma and Papa.
 Joseph and the other children love to catch the little beetles, butterflies and lizards in our yard.  Joseph pretended to eat this one.  He wanted to make it his pet.  I convinced him otherwise.

Allie wrapped Joseph's ogre in red crepe paper.  I think he was defeated in a fight with the dinosaur and broke all his bones. Allie only gets more beautiful.

Other noteworthy stuff: today was the Primary Program at church.  It's always my favorite Sunday of the year.  The children do the entire presentation at church in lieu of adult speakers.  We had five children participating in the Program this year and it is also Haley's last Primary Program.  Another bittersweet milestone. 
Elaine Cannon said, "There are two important days in a woman's life:The day she is born and the day she finds out why." My family is definitely my "why". I love all the things I learn being the daughter, wife, mother, etc. The fact that it's November only reminds me again how quickly the time is going by. As exhausted as I feel sometimes from the demands of being the mom, I sometimes wonder how I'll keep myself from falling into some sort of depression when my kids leave home. My one consolation is that I've been at home all these years.  My children are growing, before I know it they'll be gone. So I'm glad I haven't missed anything.

No comments: