I love all these pictures of the kids with Natalie. It's always nice to bring home a baby and the kids love the new baby as much as Brent and I do. It's fun to watch them be friends, play together, defend each other and serve each other. They're so lucky to have each other. I think it will only be more fun as they get older.
Joseph adores Natalie.
It's like Rachel is saying, "It's never to early to start".
This is typical: the kids are running around playing and they stop to play with Natalie or they make her part of the game.
It's a good thing Natalie likes all the love and attention. We've learned that she prefers it. At first I would put her in the crib for a break from the noise and commotion, but she would start to cry. She likes being in the middle of it all, watching the kids and being part of the fun.
There's a good explanation for the duck tape on Natalie's head: We use it to keep Rachel's diapers on. Rachel started tearing off her diapers a few months ago and Brent's mom suggested I use duck tape. We've since realized that Rachel is potty training herself, which we are embracing, despite the mess. The issue is at night...she takes off her diaper and urinates in the crib. Brent got creative. He puts her in those footie pajamas that zip all the way to the neck and puts a piece of duck tape over the zipper. The kids think it's funny to pick out the duck tape Rachel will wear. They always want me to buy the Hello Kitty or Minnie Mouse duck tape.
Taking turns holding Natalie.
"If you're holding her, I can hold her too!" Rachel still thinks Natalie is her baby. She didn't like that Sarah Kathryn was having a turn.
Sarah Kathryn looked so happy holding the baby I had to take a picture.
Today Natalie is at Grammy and PopPop's house. I'm sure Grammy, PopPop and Mamaw are spoiling her shamelessly. On Monday Rachel came down with rotavirus which is dangerous for infants so Natalie stayed with our friends for a couple of days and then went to Grandma and Papa's house. She went to work with them and Papa said he enjoyed having her so much he wasn't sure he was going to give her back. Natalie went to Albertville on Friday. Everyone says she's been such a good baby and so much fun to have around. We miss Natalie and it's been strange not having her with us. It's amazing that someone so small makes such a difference and that you can love someone so much in an instant. We had other friends lined up to take Natalie in case we couldn't get to Grammy's house (because of the snow.) They called me on Friday and were disappointed that they didn't get to take the baby. One said, "Maybe we can get her another day." My other friend takes her on Sundays while Brent and I teach a class at church. I'm not bragging on my kid, I think it's just a good example that Natalie really is special and we're not the only ones who notice.








No comments:
Post a Comment