Last week at dinner Brent and I were talking with girls about asking us before they sit down in the home theater and watch a movie with whoever may be in there at the time. We were trying to explain that the movie may not be appropriate for them and that Brent and I need to be aware of what they're watching. Allie very honestly replied, "But when you ask, mostly people tell you 'no'." These girls are getting really good at taking the wind out of our sails. All we could do was laugh because we both remembered thinking the same thing when we were little.
Last Saturday Brent and Haley were talking about some of Haley's friends from ORFF. Brent told Haley that her friends' dad is the doctor that delivered her, Allie and Emily. Haley said, "They're a long way away now. I guess we won't be buying anymore babies from him."
With the winter weather setting in I think we're all developing a touch of spring fever. It's so much colder here than what we're used to and the girls don't want to play outside. This often leaves them with more energy than they know what to do with and no way to use it all up. So, Haley asked me why it's so much colder here than in Alabama and I explained about the equator and how we lived closer to the equator when we were in Alabama, so our weather was warmer there. Haley says she can't wait to move back closer to the equator. I will simply add, AMEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment